April 19, 2013

More on their Learning

Time to reflect and share what learning has taken place here at PattyKakes Kidz.  Last night I had a dozen providers over for dinner so I could share ideas on how I run my preschool and show them my set up. After hearing all the ooohs and aaaahs from these wonderful women, it was just then I realized that our little preschool really does do a lot.  I love letting the kids play, but as I have mentioned before, we also do schooling.  Check out how busy those little kiddos were. 

Bugs
Then it was time to bring in some real ones.

These little guys are 3 weeks old and barely the size of the lead on a pencil top.
Next, Fire Drills


 Fire drills consisted of role playing (for 2 days they were fire fighters and kids calling 911), worksheets, poster making, story telling, puppet making and pretending.  Their favorite was when a translucent red scarf floated in the air and landed on one of the children.  They shouted, Stop-Drop-Roll and they rolled all over the floor until the scarf fell off of them.  So much fun.

V is for Vase 

W is for Whale 
(poster includes worksheet and booklet too)


 the X booklet
(4"x6")
 and X is for Xylophone

The Study of our Weather

 Dolch Word Practice
This is a 4 x 6 foot white board above.
 and this is a 8.5 x 11 paper.  
The kids were only aloud to write the words if they could read them.  It looks like everyone was reading and writing that day.

Santa Clara County Office of Ed.
Story Time Fieldtrip 
 My yellow shirt kids almost make up the whole class.

Forest Animals
 We learned about forest animals, then made puppets, put them all together and showed them in their habitats.
Bear, porcupine, fox, rabbit, owl, moose, beaver.

Number 14
(our number for the week)
 The poster for 14. They cut out 14 acorns, counted them and glued them to the acorn tree.  They added a squirrel (cuz squirrels eat them right LOL?) and colored the number 14. 

Park Day
(Houge Park)


 I couldn't stop taking pictures of the kids coming down the slide because it was just so hilarious to see their hair standing up.  This led to a discussion on static electricity. (then it led to me running from them as they chased me to shock me LOL)

What a great week we had here.  So much done, so much to do, with such a wonderful group of kids. 
Until next week with PattyKakes Kidz
   

No comments:

Post a Comment