October 1, 2010

September Field Trip

 










Join us as we reflect on our Happy Hollow Zoo and Amusement Park Field Trip.

The kids laughed, giggled, climbed, rode, and explored.  By the end of the day, we were all ready for a nap LOL
 

First, we headed over to the carousel as the kids ran around choosing the perfect spot to ride on. 




We then headed over to Hollow Zoo to the right.  The kids explored Meerkats and bees and found a hidden Sulcata Tortoise. 

Next a quick run to the Crazy Twisted house for a photo opp.
  
Up the hill we ran as it unfolded upon many rides.  The first to be had was a wild roller coaster, which only Piper and her mother were daring enough to try.


Than, as promised, we sought out Danny the Dragon for a train ride.


The kids then tackled the Car Ride, the Lady Bug Ride, the Swing Ride, and we found ourselves in the Redwood Play Structure that was enormous.  It was filled with slides, rock climbing and lots of rope climbing. 
  


   










Before we knew it, 10am turned to 12:30pm and we were hungry and tired.  All the kids saw Riley in the stroller and were wondering why they couldn't all just hitch a ride!


We went back to the car for a picnic lunch and then went back for some more fun.


We ended our day at the Maze and Petting Zoo.  We did manage to squeeze in a ride on floor bikes. 














It was hot, exhausting but totally amazing.  I loved spending my day with my preschoolers.  They were awesome and helpful. 




I can't wait to see what October has in store for us.

 

   

2 comments:

  1. OK, I have to make a comment on my own blog. Boy, this was a difficult blog to write. It took me over 3 hours to do. The pics didn't go where I wanted them to and the edit program was completely different from when I published it. Nothing matched once published. I was so tired after doing it. If there are any typos, soo sorry everyone. I did love my day with the kiddos tho. They are all so very special to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty

    Its a beautiful blog. You are a perfectionist. I don't think anyone cares about typos. We are looking at the pictures and reading about their day. I'm sorry Ethan had to miss this wonderful trip. The kids look like they had a great time!

    ReplyDelete