September 22, 2012

The Kidz in the Yellow Shirts!

You know those days when you see your baby accomplish a milestone and you are overwhelmed with emotions, your eyes well up with tears and even before you know what hits you, they come streaming down your cheeks?  Well, this just happened to me.  Not with my own babies but with my preschoolers that I love so dearly. Here they are, so politely sitting in the front row of a Family Day concert at Oakridge Mall.
One by one, I am approached by mommies with questions about who were the children in the yellow shirts, where are they from and comments about how polite and well behaved they were.  I answer the moms politely, trying not to take my eyes off of our preschoolers. Just as the performance begins, they each got goodie bags filled with snacks and drinks. 
 As the music began, the performers shout out questions.  Our preschoolers were the only ones raising their hands to answer the questions.  The performers loved it and couldn't get enough.  So, when they shouted out, who wants to come up here and help us sing, our kids were again, the only ones raising their hands. They were up on on stage about 5 times, and my tears started rolling down my cheeks.

The video above is my first attempt at transferring a video from my iPhone to the blog.  This is so very new to me, as I had to learn how to rotate a video and I had to convert it 3 times, only to come out with a small piece of video I call, LMNOP....
I hope to put in better videos soon.
Now for a few other cute pics from our great morning.
  Everyday we think about teaching these beautiful children.  I think about the ABCs, the 123s, Colors, Shapes, and all the preschool basics.  Subconsciously our children have been learning to be considerate, caring individuals preparing to tackle anything life has to offer.  They are strong, brave, and willing to stand facing all the world, there in their "yellow shirts".  I felt like a "proud mama" and realize now why those tears ran down my cheek.
I love these guys and everyday I believe they are teaching me a thing or two.  Until next week with PattyKakesKidz "and me"!

2 comments:

  1. Love reading all your blog entries, but especially this one!! Noli never likes to tell us what she does during the day at Patty's and your blog entries give us an insight into Noli's 'secret' life during the weekdays. I was especially proud and excited to see the video of Noli singing the ABCs up on stage! Thanks Patty!

    ReplyDelete