September 30, 2011

Silent Kidz Meant Important Play

So, here I was prepping and cooking lunch when all of a sudden I realized; oooh, it's a bit too quiet.  Now, if you know my home, you probably know that my kitchen is in the heart of everything.  I can look thru the window into the preschool room, look around the wall over into the living room and turn around and look right at the family room.  Love the set up, but again, it was really really quiet.  I go on a quick hunt to discover that all six kidz were so focused on their play, that it looked like they were little adults at work.  I had to be pretty sneaky to get pictures without interrupting their flow of thought.  Follow here to see the quiet moments of play, work, play, work LOL.
 Reinacting a teacher at the flannel board. The story is Brown Bear, Brown Bear.
Teacher is 2 years old and student is 3.5
A friend steps in to watch and listen to the story. He's 4 years old.

In the living room around the wall, the restaurant is in business.
Here the 3 year old cook preps a meal for a queen. (you'll find that is "me")

 This week, we had an area set-up with multiple homes for exploring homelife.
A two year old gets the family into a car.
His 4 year old friend and pretend neighbor joins in.
Together they discover a much larger home to share.

Next, our teacher and her student move to the table to do white-board writing.
At this point, I sigh with contentment and turn around to continue lunch prepping when I noticed our mascot staring at me, also being as quiet as can be. 
Once again, I smile with contentment and just as I turn to put the camera down, there stands our 3 year old chef. She has prepared a lunch for me too, (remember me, the queen? LOL) 
And, just when I thought my day couldn't get any better. 
 I have the best days here at PattyKakesKidz.  And can you believe it? I actually get paid to be with these little cutie-pies.  I just love my job.




2 comments:

  1. Okay, I love my job and I love the kids but doesn't it add an even great sense of joy to have your fur-faced friends "at work" with you? Sometimes a rough day can be healed with a quick cuddle of the dogs.

    ReplyDelete